Man United take another set-back as another target is made unavaliable

Manchester United were linked with a move to re-sign former United youth player Ryan Shawcross, his current boss has rubbished reports according to ESPN.

Mark Hughes has claimed that his captain is settled with his current club, and has rubbished the reports, claiming he thinks the original story came from America.

Hughes said: “I’m not sure where that originated from, I think somebody told me it might have come from America at some point.

“There’s been no contact and I don’t expect there to be any, and we wouldn’t encourage any contact anyway. Ryan is very settled here, he is the captain of the club and we have no intention of allowing him to leave. He’s a big part of what we want to do in the future.”

The Red Devils are actively searching for defensive additions in the coming window, having looked very leaky in defence so far this season. They have also had to delve into their reserves to fill their defence on more than one occasion this season.

United failed to replace the departed Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand this season, and have conceded four and five goals to MK Dons and Leicester City this season, leading to much scrutiny of their centre-backs.

Matt Hummels and Ron Vlaar are thought to be high on their wish-list of late, with the latter having entered his final 12 months of his current deal. The Dutchman worked with Louis Van Gaal in this summer’s World Cup campaign, and are thought to be eager to team up again.

Updated: October 19, 2014 — 10:10 am
AstralFootball.com © 2013 Frontier Theme