AC Milan in talks over Chelsea pair

Adriano Galliani, the vice president of AC Milan, has confirmed that the Serie A Club are currently in talks with Chelsea over the signing of Fernando Torres and Marco van Ginkel, reports the Daily Mail. The pair could be deemed surplus to requirements at Chelsea this summer, as Jose Mourinho heads into the 2014/15 campaign with a new look side.

Milan have reportedly reached an agreement with Chelsea to take Torres to Italy, although there has so far been little movement on the player’s personal terms. Torres currently has 2 years left to run on a £150,000 a week contract, and is demanding a big pay-out if he is to leave the club.

In the case of Van Ginkel, Milan’s interest is likely to result in a season-long loan arrangement, to ensure that the Ditchman gets the first team opportunities that he needs. The midfielder suffered a cruciate ligament injury last year, and has seen his development stall as a result.

Milan are most interested in Torres because he represents an ideal replacement for Mario Balotelli. The controversial character left the San Siro this week as he completed a move to Chelsea’s Premier League rivals, Liverpool.

‘Our goal is to take a great striker,’ said Galliani, ‘Fernando Torres? He is a great striker. Let’s see if he comes or someone else. We are actively working.’ Of Van Ginkel the Milan vice president said, ‘Van Ginkel? We are confident. We have made our proposal to Chelsea and are now waiting on an answer. We hope we can get him.’

Updated: August 28, 2014 — 11:30 am
AstralFootball.com © 2013 Frontier Theme